This article will help you answer a series of important questions about these changes in your life:
- Where can I get help?
- What are my rights as a disabled person?
- What sort of health coverage can I get?
- Are there any cash benefits that can help me?
- What will happen with my job?
- How can I get trained for a different job?
Sometimes the answers to these questions are very confusing. You may already be overwhelmed from hearing about MO HealthNet,TWHA, SSI, SSDI, VR, ILCs, the ADA, LTD, and many other programs.
In this article, we don’t expect you to know what all of these programs are. Instead, we’ll answer the questions above by presenting basic information about all of the programs that can support you, beginning by listing their complete names and then presenting a few paragraphs about each that will tell you:
- What these benefits offer
- How you get them
- When they’re a good option
- How to find detailed information about them
By organizing the information in this way, you can think of this as your initial lesson in disability resources, programs, and benefits.